Associate Director ESG/Senior ESG Consultant
Remote, Germany or Denmark
Sep 15, 2023
My client is an independent risk consultancy for private equity firms, which has expanded into ESG projects for their European mid-cap clients. The firm is boutique and specialist with HQ in Berlin but has several remote workers. The ESG business unit has rapidly expanded in recent years, and they are now looking for an additional senior consultant to lead on client projects. The role will suit someone who is a highly agile consultant, who enjoys relationship management through effective client partnerships during the deal cycle, is someone who wants to develop their ESG expertise further, and can project manage efficiently. Their culture is built on integrity and collaboration, they do not bind people to strict working hours/location; their client is the priority with a project-led working structure.
The role of the senior ESG consultant will remain broad given the company size and ongoing development of the ESG business unit strategy, but main responsibilities will cover;
- Client engagement; relationship management with private equity clients and directly speaking with the targeted portfolio company throughout the M&A process
- Conducting ESG due diligence; they are an integral part of their client's deal/M&A process
- Working with the Director of ESG on team and business unit strategy, and project managing junior level consultants now and when the time expands next year
This role can be based anywhere in Europe, 100% remotely (or they have an office in Berlin). There will be travel, mainly team meet-ups. You’d be employed through one of their legal entities, or through an umbrella company, you are not expected to become self-employed.
As this is a new hire for the team, this person will be seen as and need to be the ESG specialist. There are a few strict requirements which this person must have to be the correct profile;
- 3-5 years ESG due diligence for private equity clients; a part of the M&A process, pre-acquisition, this is not an ESG strategy position (post-acquisition)
- Worked with small or mid-cap private equity clients within Europe
- Had direct access to clients, relationship management and client interaction is vital given that my client’s firm is boutique
Please note that due to high volumes of applicants we will only be able to respond to the people who meet the minimum requirements set out by our clients. Please also be assured that we have engaged directly with each client to ensure that the minimum requirements are as wide (low) as possible to allow for greater diversity.